Blog Archive

Saturday, December 21, 2013

When in Rome. . .

Greetings from Rome everyone! It is so beautiful here I cannot get over it and am still having a hard time believing that I am actually here.

From the first moment I landed I have been helped out so much. An Italian girl whom I sat next to on the plane helped me get on the right train to my hostel which was a huuge relief not to be lost on the trains.

Then another Italian lady who spoke no English helped me the the rest of the way. Upon arriving at my hostel I went to a local pizzeria with two of my roommates from that first night. And the rest of my night was spent at the bar that my hostel also owns right next door to the hostel.

After not enough sleep I had to rush to get to my tour for St.  Peter's tomb and some of the ancient pagan catacombs. It was amazing how an entire city is built underneath Rome. I met a lovely couple on the tour from Dubai and got coffee with them and wandered around Rome. Later tonight I wanted to go to see the Trevi Fountain but got onto the completely wrong train and ended up at the Roman Colleseum at night.  Talk about an amazing experience! It was closed but I got some great photos of the Colleseum lit up at night. It is just so hard to imagine what this place looked like thousands of years ago when it was in its prime. This is my first full day in Rome and I kind of just wanted to relax more than anything. So tomorrow I will start actually seeing things who knows maybe even rent a moped;)

No comments:

Post a Comment